Our mission at Multus is to create the key ingredient, the growth media, to make cultivated meat affordable and profitable. We are developing a system that allows the production of animal-free, food-grade growth media using our optimised proteins that can meet demand at a commercially viable price-point. You will join a quickly growing, dedicated team building a company and with your knowledge of cell culturing we will create the key ingredient for cultivated meat to become reality.
Role & Responsibility
- Development of downstream processing using various methods not limited to centrifugation, filtration (UF/DF), chromatography, flocculation, precipitation, etc.
- Leading the development of recombinant protein production from bench-scale to manufacturing scale-up processes.
- Manage relationships with CMO/CRO partners whilst driving fermentation and downstream scale-up and technology transfer projects effectively.
- Support the upstream processing team in ongoing projects and processes.
- Be a subject matter expert in all unit operations and have the ability to pick up new equipment quickly.
- Set up and execute experiments, independently or with help from the team for complex experiments.
- Take an active role in determining the next steps alongside the project team/lead.
- Rigorous documentation of experimental procedures and data. Proficient data collection, management, and interpretation.
- Have the ability to be an independent contributor and work under ambiguity.
- Essential lab maintenance and fundamental molecular biological work to allow smooth day-to-day operations.
- Travel may be occasionally required.
Skills & abilities
- Educational background in Biochemical engineering or related field. PhD preferred.
- Technical experience with leading process development and manufacturing of novel protein and/or enzyme finished products.
- Working experience with upstream, downstream processes and the ability to link upstream broth to downstream purified finished product.
- Experience with design of experiment (DoE), lab automation, statistical analysis, and modelling preferred.
- Experience with aseptic technique and microbiology lab equipment including biosafety cabinets, incubators, autoclaves, bioreactors and plate readers.
- Familiarity or prior experience in food/pharmaceutical GMP facilities is a plus.
- Familiarity with data management and visualization with R/Python/Matlab is a plus.
- Good communicator and be comfortable with handling simultaneous tasks.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and cross-functional environment.
What we offer
- Competitive salary with possible share options.
- Flexible PTO and 25 paid holidays per year.
- UK visa sponsorship is available.
Your job is to help us develop a game-changing composition. As such, and in line with the company mission, we expect you to be excited about alternative proteins and be dedicated to making cultivated meat a reality. Our aim is to help the planet by unlocking the cultivated industry, so you must be motivated to do exactly this. Our culture is casual but the work is serious. We expect you to be a flexible and focused team player.
The applications are considered on a rolling basis.